Thursday, June 2, 2011

They've got the wood on us...

Framing wood, that is.  We were reliably informed on Monday that a big pile of wood had been delivered and was sitting on our slab.   David couldn't help himself and raced down after work to make sure it was still there!!

Yesterday, the power of neighbourhood watch struck again with information that there were two chippies on site working  (little happy dance done by Janine!!).   So excited and looking forward to my trip down there today to check things out, I arrived home after a long day in Library Land and checked my phone to see that he had done it again!!!  David decided to take a trip down to see for himself, and there they were, working away.

Megans Room
The master carpenter Shane introduced himself and told David that it will take around two weeks for our lovely frame to be constructed - I just love updates by the tradesmen.  He said he wouldn't be there today (Thursday) as he had to finish off another job, that's ok.

David and Deb had an interlude in their cars in the middle of the street to catch up on things, I just love neighbourhood watch!!!

I visited today and took these pics of our progress so far, the slab on the block next to us was being poured while I was there, so it will be interesting to watch what happens there.


Back of house showing two back bedrooms, laundry & start of bathroom

Stood in what will be our dining/meals area
and just soaked up the beautiful winter sunshine.
Can't wait until I can sit at the table with a coffee and
a book and just enjoy!


7 comments:

Lou and Neen said...

Looks like it is coming together nicely.

Linni said...

how exciting Janine, can't wait until its our turn. Gotta love neighbourhood watch!!

Tonia said...

Fantastic news Janine..welcome officially to the land of the building lol

It feels so good doesn't it? Wait till the whole frame is up..you will be doing backflips! hehe

Tash said...

Yay, so exciting I went past today and seen you pretty frame coming together :) it feels so great to have tradesman on site doesn't it!!

Debra said...

And what a wonderful day it was - the sunshine was glorious. Fingers crossed it stays fine to keep tradies on that frame. Looking forward to you walking me thru the rooms.

Denise said...

Janine explain to me how they build a house in Australia. I see that the wood part has gone up inside. Do they enclose this in bricks on the outside? Ours are not done like this at all so I am not sure of the process.

We have a double row of bricks on the oustide with a cavity inbetween and then all the inside walls are brick. We don't have any wood at all so I am not sure how they go about it. I will watch with interest.

Have fun with all the choosing of the finishes although I think you have already finished with this?

Denise

Janine K said...

Denise, Watch this space, and you will see how houses are constructed here.

Ours are single brick on the outside, the frame is actually what holds it all together, is in the middle, and on the inside of that will be plasterboard.

Nice of you to comment!!!