Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another brick in the wall

Yes, that's right, our bricklaying has begun!!!  No thanks to Romeo of course, after my telephone call on Friday to query progress (or lack of it) this week, the girls at the office informed me that my steel lintels will be delivered on Monday ready for the bricklayer.    Needless to say I was a little disappointed that another week has gone by with no progress on the build.

Thank god for neighbours!!!!  After having a bit of a rant on Tash's blog, she informed me that her partner had swung by our house on Friday and informed her that there is a brick wall there, then on Saturday other lovely neighbour Kylie smsd me to ask, did you know you have had some brickwork done, then Reinsey sent me a text on Saturday to say - have you visited your house today.    Talk about the jungle drums going, I reckon forget the girls in the office, the neighbourhood watch people are far better informed.


Inside of garage

Still have not even spoken to our Site Supervisor yet, the office girls tell me that he will ring me when he is ready to meet us when the frame is complete.    Hmmm sometimes, they forget who is the customer here, appreciate that they don't want people annoying them all the time, but surely a telephone call to introduce themselves wouldn't go astray.   Seeing I work in a customer service role, I believe its vital to keep the customers happy, don't you?


Anyway, we finally got down there today and I love the new bricks and our contrast bricks as well, here's the pictures. 


RHS Garage Pier showing contrast stripe



I will be back down on Tuesday to check progress, lets hope there's lots of it!!






5 comments:

Linni said...

Be a squeaky wheel Janine, make noise and you shall be heard believe me. Thats what we found when we dealt with Romeo anyway.
Love your brick colour btw, looks great with the contrast bricks.

Debra said...

Yay for bricks Janine.....I too saw bricks on Friday evening; apparently you were the only one who didn't know!!!!!!

Love the colour and contrast brick - just read Linni's comment -great minds think alike.

Bit poor re SS introduction - I would let them know the 'only' day your available and make an appointment.

Raelene said...

Loving the brickage! Excellent recovery from the re-selection crisis J. As everyone else has said, contrast bricks give it some bling!!
Wonder how many days you'll have someone on site this week??

Tash said...

I went past your house last night and your bricks looks great, cant wait to see them all done!!! Definatly should make some noise though Janine, that is so poor from your SS!!
Hopefully Tristan will come home with some good news for you tonight again :)

Lou and Neen said...

Looking fantastic. Yay for the start of brickwork. Love the contrast.