Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Days Are Here Again.....

If you go down to my house today you're in for a big surprise
If you go down to my house today you'll never believe your eyes
Coz my 3 brickies have worked real fast
They've built the walls of my garage at last
And I'm so happy, I want to throw a picnic!

(Sung to the tune of Teddy Bears Picnic, lyrics by Kylie Rolls (one of the girls on the avenue)


Now that's off white mortar!!



Very Noice!!!

Had a good chat to the brickies today about the events of the week, and they were cool with everything - even cooler now that they have a slab of VB from us!!  Big pile of demolished bricks at front of property.






Just beautiful
And look - my front windows now have the Edwardian Bars installed - I love them!! 

But wait, there's more.... while we were doing the rounds, checking out our neighbour's builds........... look what was being delivered and put in place...
Our Steel Lintels for the Garage - Woo Hoo!!!

Such a lot can happen in the space of a week, you go from highs to lows and back to highs again - personally lets just have the highs!!

Our chippie can now come back and put the roof trusses on the garage after tomorrow, coz the guys said they will finish my garage then - stay tuned for further updates!


8 comments:

Debra said...

Happy days indeed!!!!!!excellent work and back on track.

Bricks, white mortar, window bars and lintels; what more could a girl want?? Roof trusses and tiles to keep your picnic basket dry!!

kysbigadventure said...

You make me laugh, I even get a by line. I should charge royalties for every time your blog is viewed.

So glad things are starting to move along. Love the bricks by the way.

Linni said...

great news Janine and great photos...can't wait to post some of our place.

Tash said...

Yay, thats awesome news, it all looks so great, and right!! Roof tiles soon :)

Tonia said...

Janine, were you hanging around my class and is that why you are singing that song? haha

Bricks look fab! Love the edwardian windows :))

Janine K said...

Thanks ladies, and Tonia I have to keep up with your song themed posts!

Raelene said...

Went for a little sneak peek today - looks bluddy maaaarvelous.

Really love the bricks now that we can see them up on a wall. That contrast row makes them even better, and the window frames will match perfectly.

Lou and Neen said...

Looking fantastic and you must be so happy to be back on track!!!! Will check it out when we head down there today
:-)