Friday, June 10, 2011

From Canterbury to Richmond, and I don't mean a train trip

Yesterday at 4.30 I received a call from Romeo Homes to tell me that my bricks have been discontinued, and what is worse, I needed to select another one by 10 am today to guarantee delivery on Tuesday next week so that the brickies can build our garage.

Canterbury
Well, shock, horror, bewilderment, anger, pi.....ed off and other expletives came to mind!!!   Thank god that I was dining with the girls last night, a very worthwhile distraction.  

After not very much sleep last night, I was down at Austral Bricks at 8.45 this morning to select another brick.   The rep there knew by the look on my face that I was not happy and asked if I was building with Romeo Homes!!!      


 Richmond
 He was very apologetic and said he had only found out about it himself this morning, anyway he showed me an alternative brick called the Richmond which was very similar to the Canterbury only a bit lighter.   I asked him what the price difference was and he assured me that they would be supplied at the same cost of the Canterbury.     The actual brick is not as bright as the photo shows, in fact there is very little difference at all in them.   The Richmond will still blend nicely with the black roof tiles and White Birch window frames.    As a long suffering tigers follower, how can I not love my new brick.

I called Romeo, then handed the phone over to him and he explained about the costing and placed the order for my bricks right in front of me for delivery next Tuesday - yay!!!!   So crisis averted, one happy lady here, and I found out that the Richmond is actually about $60/1000 dearer than the Canterbury - us ladies just love a bargain, easy to see its stocktake sale time!!!

                                                              

5 comments:

Raelene said...

I hope you can laugh about it now, but can you imagine how that poor bugger at Austral felt when you came charging through the door with gritted teeth and steam coming out of your ears??????
Very glad to see it's all sorted :)

Linni said...

OMG i would have totally freaked out if that happened to us. I must say though its pretty cool that you got a bit of a bargain with the change and as long as you are happy then all is good.

Debra said...

Well Done....I think you handled that very well.

I would have been in meltdown to have waited soooo long to start only to be confronted with such a big decision in a ridiculous short time.

Where were you when I needed a bargain on 'rotating' a tap!!

Tash said...

I have been thinking about you all day wondering how this morning went!! It sounds like you had a pretty good out come considering the horrible position they put you In and a bargain it is, for what it's worth I do like the news bricks they are very pretty and will still go very well with your colours!! Yay!!

Shona said...

What an awful situation to be put in and well handled Janine. Nice to see some good customer service of the brick people!
It's a pity you have to change from a brick named after a NZ region, to a brick named after an Aussie region... but can't be helped ;-)
Looking forward to seeing progress myself in August xx