Thursday, November 17, 2011

More ticks on the boxes

Another busy day today (when have I last had a not busy day off?), off to watch my tennis team kick-arse in the first round of finals which puts them straight into the grand final on 1st December (yes, that's PCI day).   A quick lunch at home, and whilst there more telephone calls to arrange delivery of Megan's brand new bedroom suite to the new house, book Kevin from New Home Inspections for PCI, book our 17 year old pussy cat into The Cat Shack for a few days whilst we move which hopefully will reduce the stress of moving for her as she has only ever lived in our current house, then a flying trip down to the house.

I wanted to check on whether they had put a power point next to the stove when it goes in, as that's where my kettle will sit, just couldnt remember, with so much going on in the mind these days, I think of these things at the strangest times.   I knew I would be able to see it from outside anyway.


Imagine my surprise to see a van parked in the driveway and the front door open, so I bolted inside to meet the tiler.   Nearly gave the poor guy a heart attack, mind you, but he was ever so nice.  Apparently he had to replace one of the tiles in the main bathroom shower.    While I was there I asked him if he would be interested in tiling the wall in the pantry between the bench and the overhead cupboards after handover, no problems he said, in fact if I get some more tiles he will be able to do it before handover, once he gets the all clear from our SS.   I stressed that this is a job between him and me, and he understood totally, but needs to run it by Glen first, which he is pretty sure won't be a problem as he's done it before.   So we need to go to National Tiles on Saturday and buy 30 more tiles and the job will be done (yay!!).
Timing's everything!!

Well, things are looking pretty good now, with only a handful of jobs left to do from what I can see.   The heating/cooling guys look like they are finished, with ducts and outlets for both in the ceilings and the controller on the wall.


We also now have a cooling unit on the roof, and the painters look like they have finally finished the outside gables and trims.

So that only leaves shower screens, mirrors, caulking, cleaning and the floors, plus other minor things.   Roll on PCI!


I then popped over to see how Reinsey was going, and had a quick cuppa with her.   She looked a lot better than a week ago, so is definitely on the improve.   Will check in regularly on you neighbour!!

4 comments:

Linni said...

great idea on the tiling in the pantry. Your home is looking so nice from the outside too.

Raelene said...

Good thing that power point for your kettle is in place - it;ll get quite a workout with all the neighbourhood dropping in.

I was fortunate to see it in the flesh yesterday and can't believe how grand she looks (the house, not Janine - although she's not bad either!!)

Lou and Neen said...

Looks great. Good news to get the extra tiling done prior to handover. There seems to always be trades at your house getting everything done for you!!

Janine K said...

Thanks everyone for your support, owe you all a coffee/drink/nibbles when we move in!!!