Sunday, February 27, 2011

The lengths people go to.....

There is an old saying - "Mad as a Meat Axe", that is how I describe Tonia and Chris AKA  - Building our Home Metricon Fairhaven 33 on my blog list.

The delightful Tonia decided that she needed to do some shopping and also wanted to check out some other Metricon displays.   Sounds like a nice day out you would think.   The issue is that she wanted to do this is Melbourne, and they live in Sydney, so what does one do?   Well you just hop a 6.00 AM flight down to Melbourne on a Sunday morning and by the power of the internet contact Facebook buddy (Me!) just on the off-chance that I may be down at the estate on Sunday morning catching up with Deb & Reinsey, she would just breeze on by and say hi.

Tonia, Deb, Reinsey & Chris
Well, I love it when a plan comes off, so I organised to meet Deb & Reinsey at Deb's house for a look see at her new carpet and guess who just pops by for a visit - Tonia & Chris.   Well, Deb & Reinsey couldn't believe their eyes when they realised that this stunning girl walking across the road was in fact Tonia, our blog buddy.   Poor Chris just shaking his head at her madness!!

Such a pity they couldn't come for a coffee, but she was a woman on a mission, and we were ever so grateful that she gave up some of her valuable shopping time to pop by and say hi, and we have promised to do the same after they have moved into their beautiful home sometime in the future.

The power of the internet - never ceases to amaze me!!

6 comments:

Debra said...

Just walked in the door.....moved 800 bricks!!!
Couldn't stop talking about Tonia and Chris, said to John 'can you believe they did that'??
I was stunned and lost for words (well for a moment). What a special and lovely couple, 'mad as a meat axe'!!!! and Tonia's beautiful stilettos's in all that mud aaarrrggghhh!

Raelene said...

OMG.. what a hoot today was.
Thank you soooo much Janine for the massive surprise. CLASSIC!!!!!

Janine K said...

Ta Ladies, as I said, I love it when a plan comes together!!

Raelene said...

John - in case you don't believe it - YES, Deb was lost for words!!!!!

Debra said...

Reinsey - I'm sitting here laughing my head off!!! Why do you think he plays golf and doesn't like me at the football?

Tonia said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww its was sooooo nice to see you all!!!!! What a great surprise :)))) You are all soo lovely and I am glad I surprised you!! lol :) Shame I missed out on the coffee!! Must come again LOL